Monday 3 December 2012

Hope:: Pressing the plate

Today I went down to Vernon to press my copper plate into my Hope business card designs and swing ticket. Before I went, I pre-cut these to size so that I could simply position them onto the plate and press them in the correct place. I took one of design with the black type on it and one without. The one without would be blind embossed and I had the tricky task of lining up the type correctly to the design with the black type present. On pressing these, I became evident that the blind embossing was much more effective; it was clearer to see compared to the black and I didn't have the problem of lining the type up within mm of accuracy. The cards with the Hope type printed were incredibly difficult to embossed in the correct place and did not look as professional as the blind emboss.

I think I am going to use the blind emboss, however, I do not like it with the 'clothing' type written beneath it. So I am going to remove that type, a write 'Hope clothing' on the reverse of the business card instead. I am going to print the reverse type on the same stock as the front and mount both onto white mountboard to create a duplex effect. Hopefully, this will give it a much cleaner finish and look far more professional.

Back to the hydraulic press in Vernon tomorrow then.