Monday 3 December 2012

UT:: making the inner label

Using the fabric I printed earlier today, I have cut out around these and a plain panel of a similar size from the back (the fabric is too thin on it's own). Using a little help from fashion student Lavinia Rowland, I have managed to stitch the two together and attach it to the tshirt. We tried two different ways of stitching the two pieces of fabric together; one create a pillow effect and the other a concealed edge. However, when we stitched the concealed edge the fabric began to pucker (no good). So I opted for the other option as this has much more potential. When the pillow had been stitched together, it was a little wonky so we cut the outer edge to leave a raw edge but as it was close to the fabric, it didn't matter too much. We then tacked this into the inside of my tshirt.