Thursday 25 October 2012

Chat with Phil

In the studio today I had a little chat with Phil about my work and the progress I had made since my tutorial last week. I didn't really feel I had made a huge progress with any of my briefs, apart from my inpress brief. I showed him the work we had been doing for inpress over the past week and he seemed to like the business card design and publication.

With regards to my RSA brief, he raised the fact that I need to ensure that I am raising awareness through my designs, somehow, in order to meet the brief. This could be subtle, but the consumer somehow needs to be aware that the design they have is a piece of sustainable design not to be thrown away, but to continue it's life cycle. Or, even by highlighting the sustainable approach I have taken to my designs, it could inspire others to do the same. There is definitely a lot to think about here and more designs to be thought of.

In showing my work to Phil today and in my crit it has made me realise that I need to push my briefs (not inpress) a lot more; however, I think the inpress brief had become at the forefront as we had the creative networks event to attend today. So, I am going to use the next 3 days before reading week to really work hard on consolidating designs for my Tee brief and RSA: Sustainability brief as it will allow me to then work solely on my dissertation through reading week.