Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tee:: name rethink

Yesterday, through a thought process I decided on the name Silence. for my tee label, however, looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes today I have decided I don't really like it!!!! I don't think it is very fitting to a clothing label. I have therefore taken the time to rethink this today. I do really like the concept behind it though; that you would expect there to be music contained within yet there is none here, just a tee. Therefore, I tried to see if I could find a better work to represent this; I thesaurused various words related but just seemed to be going further and further away from my concept. I then decided to see what the work Silence translated to in other countries, this was also fairly unsucessful. So I moved onto translated the earlier theasaurused words and came to find that 'mute' translated into German was 'stumm.' I thought this was a more fluid word which could work well with an urban clothing range, I also like the appearance of the type when it is written out. Result. Now to work on the design