Monday 15 October 2012

Tee Progress

Working through a design process and getting my ideas/thoughts out of my head and onto paper I have come up with a name for my clothing company; Silence. This came about due to me deciding to package my t-shirt designs in record sleeve style packaging (playing on the two different types of sleeves present) I then wanted to link the name of the tshirt line to these in order to make the link fully established. I decided on 'Silence.' as you would usually expect a record sleeve to contain a record which contains noise and music yet my designs are packaging a tshirt which does not contain music and is in fact silent!!!!

Here's how I came to this conclusion through my design process.....



I want to apply the name to this in a minimalistic way as I want the focus to be on colour and a playful element. I am going to attempt to do this in a similar way to that of American Apparel.







I want to use strong colour within my designs to make it fun, however I need to ensure that my designs for this brief do not become too similar to those for Inpress. Due to me choosing the name 'Silence.' I thought it would work well if I blind embossed the word silence into the swing ticket and packaging, however, we are using this process for Inpress (inpressing the word inpress into our print collateral) so I think I need to steer clear of that one, even though it would work well conceptually.