Friday 26 October 2012

Urban Tease:: Logo Design

I want the visuals of this tee brand to be simple with  focus on colour and type, so I set about experimenting with type in an effort to design a logo design. I went through the full design process, designing on screen, printing out designs, evaluating these designs and re-working them in order to come up with a final design. With concerns to the type, I wanted to experiment with using many different means of altering the hierarchy between the two words. I thought the 'Urban' should be more weighty, bold and at a higher hierarchical position due to the usual connotations of an urban ciry/place, in comparison to the fun element of the 'tease' which is a little more light-hearted, hence a lighter stroke.

Once I had decided on a design and kerned it to my liking, I then began applying this to the swing ticket designs I had from last week. I printed these to see which I thought best, disregarded the ones which didn't a reworked the ones which did. I then applied colour to these and considered how clothing sizes, barcode and price would also work upon the designs.

I then considered the packaging design. I looked at some of my shoeboxes and dissembled them to reveal their nets. I choose the Adidas style box and I thought it was simple yet innovative in the way that it was both packaging for the tee and a carrier bag (also a piece of sustainable design). I used this net to create my own and mocked this up to how I would want it to work.









Within these designs, I also have considered pattern designs of the logo to use on tissue paper for to package the tee in the shoebox style packaging.

All in all, I am a lot happier with this brief now. I think this is at a good place to leave it now and come back to complete after reading week.