Thursday 25 October 2012

Peer Crit



For todays crit, I had design boards and practical work to show. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to grasp the concepts within my work so that I could get focused feedback directed a what I wanted. My 5 questions weren't as specific as I would have liked, but they were written to push people to the type of feedback I would like to receive.

Above is the feedback I received from todays crit. I think it was very fair feedback and represented the work I had presented before me.

The main aspect I want to take from this crit and work on changing is two of briefs looking very similar (Republic Tee brief and RSA sustainability brief). I thought I could fix this by not using bright colours in the RSA brief, as this would suit the eco theme more, although I do want it to still have a very high designer led direction. But, I think this could work.

Another critical point was that I need to produce more designs other than designs for my inpress brief. I think this is very true and definitely consolidates some of the concerns I had before this crit; I have research, initial ideas and mock-ups of formats but not actual design. So this is a major factor I need to work upon.

All in all, a good crit and a lot of work I need to get to.