Wednesday 21 November 2012

HOPE:: TYPEFACE




I have been experimenting with different possible typefaces I could use for Hope clothing identity. I am very unsure as to whether or not I should use a serif or sans serif typeface. I wanted the clothing boutique to have a bespoke feel about it, allowing it to compete with other high end stores. However, having researched the brand names they stock and considering the audience Hope are targeting (young adults aged 17-30) I now think I need to keep the branding high end but not to allow it appear too high that the target audience feel it is too expensive for them to shop in. Therefore, I feel that a sans serif typeface may be more suited to the target audience and the bespoke feel can then come from the print finishes I use on the printed matter and the way in which I present the brand online.