Saturday 24 November 2012

inpress:: letterhead

I have designed the letterhead to tie in with the inpress website, using the same colour scheme, typeface and utilising the white space. I decided to keep the type on the front simple and have block colour on the back of the page to create colour. It will then be double sided but it will allow the print collateral to remain simplistic. I have designed the letterhead in each of the four colours to see how they each work and ensure that they will work together as a set.



I tried using a simple line box to bring the colour that is going to be on the reverse through to the front of the letter, however, I soon realised that this box was pointless and had no use in the design, it was just a distraction from the type which should be focal. I took this away so that the focus is now on the type and the reverse brings the colour. I may play around with incorporating a small hint of colour into the front in a subtle manor.

This is the final design I went with:


There were some small design decisions that I made, which are not necessarily obvious unless you have an eye for design. I have used my guides to ensure the type lines up in a coherent manor but to retain a playful element too.