Sunday 25 November 2012

inpress:: Christmas Card

I have been designing a reindeer Christmas card to sell as the inpress event (and if not, give to my friends and family!) as drawing is one aspect I love and miss, I have decided to incorporate this into my design and not just design digitally. I have however, drawn a picture (freehand) from a reindeer image I sourced, and then scanned it back in. I am then going to print this image onto cards and paint on (in watercolour) a red nose... for Rudolf!

I firstly tried this on plain card, keeping it minimal at first but then adding more colour. I wasn't too keen on this though, as I didn't have the time to make it as good as I wanted it to. So instead, I tried printing it onto a piece of the brown card I purchased (intially to lasercut from for my RSA brief). I thought this with a watercolour red could look minimal but effective ...and I think it does. Each reindeer will be individual as I am hand painting the noses on, which should make the card seem crafted and more speical.

I am going to print a greeting inside the card to make it look more professional.