Sunday 25 November 2012

Tshirt:: Prep

I have been trying to sort out which design to print for my tshirt design tomorrow. I have 2 screens ready so just need to go and expose my screen then print. I am going to try and fit the 'urbantease' inner label on one of them, as this will allow me to then print in the same colour (proposed spot colour) that I have printed the packaging in and swing ticket in, so that it will all work together as a collection.

The majority of my design are not to be simply printed onto the tshirts but instead combing different fabrics or using stitch.

Although I proposed this design would be stitched, I am thinking that I may print this tee design. I want to try and print the front and the back so that they meet, but I am afraid this may be a little tricky, so we shall see. But the point is, I don't want to just print a design straight onto the center of a tshirt; I want it to have something more about it. I like that this design is focused around the side of the shirt rather than being central.




I played around with how else this could work just down the front side of the tee, but essentially I think it is going to work better split into two and working around the side.

I have prepared my artwork on two A3 boards ready to print off in the mac suites. I may have to change the size slightly once they are printed on paper, but we shall see.