Friday 23 November 2012

inpress:: postcard final design

It is no good just viewing these designs on screen, so I printed out a couple of versions. I then pinned these onto my wall and gave myself a little crit, went back and made these amendments which in turn will improve my designs. I mainly altered the type size and positioning of the text on the page. Once I have decided on a design, I then printed the design onto different stocks to see how each one interacted with the stock: ink and type. It will only be then black type printed onto the stock, so I had to bear this in mind. I also had to consider the fact that the grey type would be embossed and this may effect how it sat on the page due to some of the pages already having an embossing within them. The 6 stocks I used were: plain paper, laid paper, embossed paper, plain card, cream silk card and marled paper.





I think the laid paper worked really well, better than the smooth plain card and paper, however, I need to consider how the type will work on the page once it is embossed into it as this may then change. So I am going to test the embossing again on these stocks once I have the copper plate made.