Tuesday 20 November 2012

Lasercutting

I had a laser cutting slot booked for 10am this morning, as usual I had a few mishaps.

First I tried it on plain card to see how it would cut so that I would waste my actual card.





From this I was able to tell from this where to position my brown card. I tried to score the middle using a kiss cut, but then this happened....





...it cut straight through.





I pre-cut the brown card to the correct size so removed the bounding box from my design and lasercut it. However, because I had removed the bounding box it cut from the 'x' point and appeared on the wrong side.

I put the bounding box back into the artwork a cut this...






This worked much better and produced the design in the correct place, although it did take a little off the sides. The laser burnt the paper a little and it seemed to look better from the other side, so I tried cutting on the opposite side but it had the same effect. However, I have decided that I quite like this burnt effect and it may look better once the reindeer poo paper is placed beneath it.