Sunday 25 November 2012

inpress print collateral print outs

After deciding yesterday that I didn't want to use colour on the front of the letterhead and compliment slip, I have had some feedback from fellow peers and now thought otherwise. I think the colour on the front helps bring through the block colour on the reverse and having the type in the box follows on from the theme of the website; it also allows the type written in the body of the letter to become a focal point and separated from out contact information. As we do not have an address, I have simply used a telephone number, our email and twitter address (not traditional, but this is all we currently have).

The letterhead would be used if we are going to write letters to potential clients or studios with regards to any matter we had. The compliment slips would be used to write a note of regards to anyone who purchases products from our online shop and will be sent in with the package.

In order to ensure the print collateral will look as I want it to when it is printed out, I printed out mock up versions. This allowed me to consider the point size of the type, the positioning of the elements on the page, colour and stock choices, amongst other factors.



From discussing with fellow peers, it was decided that I should use the last design of these where the box continues off the page; this makes the page appear bigger and, again, ties in with our proposed website design.